"Preparing our Young People for Successful Careers in the Dairy Industry"
The Junior DAIRY LEADER program is intended to reach youth between the ages of 16 - 19 who have an interest in exploring careers in the dairy industry through hands-on experiential learning.
The program presents youth with a realistic view of the dairy industry as a viable, profitable and progressive business sector, while also building personal and professional skills.
The program consists of a series of workshops that focus on multiple facets of the dairy industry, personal development and technical skills. Opportunities include:
- Representing New York at the National 4-H Dairy Conference
- Interaction with Dairy Producers and Agribusiness Professionals
- Resume Development
- On-Farm Production Management Experiences
- Leadership Development and Team Building
- Dairy Farm and Production Facility Tours in the Northeast and Wisconsin
- Technical Skills Seminars in Herd Health, Calf Care, Dairy Nutrition, and Artificial Insemination
- PRO-DAIRY Program
- Cornell University Department of Animal Science
- Cargill Animal Nutrition
- Dehm Associates
- Northeast Agribusiness and Feed Alliance
- Northeast Agricultural Education Foundation
- Northeast Farm Credit AgEnhancement Program
- NY Corn and Soybean Growers Association
- NYS 4-H Foundation
- Professional Dairy Producers Foundation
- Select Sire Power