2 Days of On-Farm Training
10 AM to 3 PM
7 Statewide Locations
Who Should Attend:
- Those who are currently feeding dairy cows and want to learn more about the how and why of what they’re doing.
- Those who are interested in becoming a cow feeder and want to increase their knowledge of cow feeding.
- Anyone interested in learning more about how to improve the feeding process on their farm.
Topics Covered During the Two Day School:
- Feeder’s impact on the bottom line.
- Rumen physiology - What every feeder should know.
- Nutrition - Impact of feeders on the ration.
- Dry matter monitoring.
- Basic bunk silo management.
- Packing density and preservation.
- Feed bunk management.
- TMR audits.
- Troubleshooting mixer wagons.
- Safety considerations for feeders.
- Dr. Bill Stone, DVM, PhD, Director, Technical Services, Diamond V.
- Shawn Bossard, SUNY Morrisville.
- Jerry Bertoldo DVM, Betsy Hicks, Dave Balbian, Libby Eiholzer, Lindsay
- Ferlito, and Kelsey O’Shea: Area Dairy Specialists with Cornell Cooperative Extension, Cornell University.
- Kathy Barrett, Dairy Education, Cornell PRO-DAIRY.
- Registration is $75.00 and includes 2 day school, lunches and all materials.