The PRO-DAIRY Herd Health and Management program supports New York State dairy producers by leading educational programs, integrating research results, identifying research needs, collaborating on-farm with advisors, and participating in industry-wide initiatives. Dairy farmers take their responsibility to provide good care for their cattle very seriously and are always looking for new ways to keep the herd healthy.
Current areas of focus include fresh cow management, prudent use of medications, calf health and reproductive management.
Organize and lead dairy herd health management programing.
- Seminars/Conference Presentations
- On-Farm Training
- Online Courses
Cornell University conducts a great deal of research focused on herd health and PRO-DAIRY’s statewide outreach to share the results of this research is critical. PRO-DAIRY also supports applied research at the college and in partnership with CALS and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
PRO-DAIRY’s Herd Health Specialist is engaged on the state and national level with dairy herd health issues.
- American Association of Bovine Practitioners - Committee on Pharmaceutical & Biologic Issues Member
- NYS Beef Quality Assurance - Committee Member
- Northeast Dairy Producers Association (NEDPA) - Animal Well Being Work Group Member
- Summer Dairy Institute - Board Member
- Northeast Dairy Production Medicine Symposium - Co-Chair
Available throughout New York State
- Assist in educational programming
- Dairy consultation (in conjunction with herd veterinarian and other advisors)
Available outside New York State (fees apply)
Rob Lynch, DVM
B30 Morrison Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853