This course has been completed. Sign up to receive information about upcoming online courses and other events.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for dairy business on-farm personnel (owner or employee) seeking to increase their knowledge of dairy reproductive management. Participants should possess a formal or informal background in dairy cattle management, but not necessarily in reproductive management.
This course is ideal for individuals who:
- have been working with dairy cows and are looking to increase your knowledge of reproductive management
- have had some formal training or course work but want a refresher on reproductive management
- have been working with the farm repro program but want to know more about the how, what and why
- want to improve the reproductive performance of your herd but need to know where to start
- want to increase the skills you bring to the farm or your farm employer
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Synchronization Protocols
- Breeding Strategies
- A.I. Techniques
- Monitoring Reproductive Programs
- Heifer Reproduction Management
How It Works
This is a seven week course offered online through Moodle, an easy-to-use online interface viewed on your personal computer’s web browser. . Presentations for each topic are prerecorded and are accessible whenever is convenient to the participant. An optional live Q & A session with presenters is held on Thursday's weekly via an online webinar. Corresponding assignments are due each week. To get the most out of the experience, you should expect to spend approximately 2 hours per week on the lessons and assignments.
This course has been approved for a maximum of 2.1 CEUs from the Cornell School of Continuing Education. Upon completion of this course, you will receive a certificate notifying you of the CEUs awarded.