Manure management is the capture, collection, transport, storage, handling, treatment, application and utilization of animal manures in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Economically recycling manure to supply plants with most of their nutrient needs while minimizing the environmental impact is the main goal of manure management (Nutrient Management).
- Impacts of Climate Change on Manure Management
- Marketing Livestock Manure
- Cost effective and Environmental Beneficial Dairy Manure Management Practices (Powerpoint / Paper)
National Dairy Environmental Stewardship Council
- Standard Methods to Estimate Manure Production and Nutrient Characteristics from Dairy Cattle
T. Nennich, et al.
- Overview of Manure Management Alternatives
- Agricultural Waste Management Field Handbook
- ASAE Manure Production Characteristics Standard