Plan for long-term viability and environmental stewardship
- Complete an online application.
- A Cornell Cooperative Extension Dairy/Ag Educator or DAP coordinator will contact you to discuss application and program expectations. They will also act as facilitator of the project once farm has chosen their planners (business planner, facility planner and CAFO planner if applicable) and project is approved.
- Farms and service providers will be notified by the project facilitator or DAP project coordinator as applications are approved.
- If awarded business planning funds, recordkeeping system funds, operational planning funds or advisory team funds, the participating farm, service provider and facilitator schedule first meeting, agree on deliverables and continue to meet as necessary.
- Service providers deliver completed project to farm, submit invoice and completed project delivery form with applicable signatures to DAP coordinator for payment (e-mail or mail to PRO-DAIRY, Dairy Advancement Program) and to participating farm for their portion of the total project cost.
- Planners deliver completed plan to farm, submit invoice and project delivery form to DAP coordinator for payment (e-mail or mail to PRO-DAIRY, Dairy Acceleration Program) and to participating farm for their 20% of total project cost.
- Project facilitator will complete an exit interview with farm to evaluate implementation and assess impact of program.