PRO-DAIRY has provided basic education in management principles since its inception in the early 1990’s. With the increasing competitiveness of the dairy industry, a second level of advanced educational programs was requested by producers as their roles and challenges continued to change on their farms in response to the rapidly changing dairy industry.
Modeled after the TEPAP program started by Dr, Danny Klinefelter and designed specifically for dairy producers, the Cornell Dairy Executive Program was developed to provide professional, cutting-edge management training for progressive dairy producers in New York and across the country. The first class took place in 2000-2001 with these producers' encouragement and challenge.
The following people have played a key role in serving on committees to develop the curriculum for the program and guide the program through the development process.
- Hap Allen — Genex Cooperative, Inc.
- Eleanor Jacobs — Dairy Business Communications
- Brent Gloy — Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University
- Kent Miller — Platobrook Farm Inc.
- Dale Hemminger - Hemdale Farms, Inc.
- Steve Morrill — Gebarten Acres
- Steve Kayhart — Kayhart Dairy
- Roger Saltman — Pfizer Animal Health
- Barry Baetz — SHUR-GAIN USA
- Tom Shephard — Dairylea/DFA
- David Stafford — Farm Credit of Western NY
- Cathy Wickswat — Cornell Cooperative Extension of Rensselaer County
- Rob Sheffer — Cargill Animal Nutrition