Sign up to receive information about upcoming online courses and other events.
Regularly Scheduled Events
- Succession Planning Kickoff Seminar for Farm Businesses - December 14, 2018
The 2nd annual conference will focus on addressing the challenges surrounding succession planning for farm businesses, including tax, legal and estate implications, family communication, and financial issues. Speakers will include Steve Walker, Esq., Erica Leubner, MSW, of NY FarmNet, and John Lehr of Farm Credit East. In addition, a diverse panel of producers will share their experiences around business transition. Following the program, producers will be able to sign up for a three part follow up workshop series, which will focus on helping the farm prepare to move forward with their transition planning process.
- Northeast Dairy Producers Conference — March 11 - 12, 2020
The Northeast Dairy Producers Conference is designed for producers and agriservice professionals to interact and relate to the latest thinking and issues in the dairy industry. Presented in collaboration with the Northeast Dairy Producers Association.
- Herd Health & Nutrition Conference — April 8 - 9, 2019
The Herd Health and Nutrition Conference provides an opportunity for dairy producers, veterinarians, feed industry representatives and agriservice personnel to increase their knowledge of current herd health and nutrition management techniques while interacting with other professionals. Presented in collaboration with Northeast Agribusiness and Feed Alliance
- Cornell Dairy Executive Program — Begins December 2019
The Cornell Dairy Executive Program (CDEP) is designed to provide dairy executives and agriservice personnel the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the leadership and management skills necessary to run a successful dairy.
- Academy for Dairy Executives — Begins December 2018
The Academy for Dairy Executives Program (Academy) is an educational opportunity for progressive dairy executives. The program is designed to provide dairy executives and agri-service personnel the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the leadership and management skills necessary to run a successful dairy in these volatile times.
- NYS Junior DAIRY LEADER Program — Applications accepted annually in June
This one-year program explores careers in the dairy industry along with hands-on experiential learning for a select group of youth ranging from 16-19 years old. The program presents youth with a realistic view and experience for the dairy industry as a viable, profitable and progressive business sector young people can look to for career opportunities while also building personal and professional skills.
- Operations Managers Conference — January 22 -23, 2019
The Operations Management Conference for Dairy and Field Crops provides an opportunity for people responsible for day to day activities to increase their management and operations skills while interacting with other managers. Presented in collaboration with Northeast Dairy Producers Association
- Anaerobic Digestion Shortcourse - (December 12 - 14, 2017) This shortcourse provides participants the latest information on practice digester management and decision making backed up with science and engineering to maximize economic and environmental benefits with the focus on greenhouse gas mitigation and monetization. Attendees will develop new relationships with counter-parts in the industry thru scheduling networking breaks and opening evening time.
- Winter Forage Meetings - The focus of this seminar is to elevate the growing and feeding of forages beyond the parameters of tonnage, quality, and the basic high forage ration. Newly developed fiber digestibility tests can give you and your management team confidence in feeding newly developed forages that have potential to increase milk production, while reducing ration costs, increasing total forage yield and digestibility, and improving nutrient management on the farm.
- Got Manure? Tradeshow and Conference —The Cornell PRO-DAIRY Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - AgSTAR, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service co-hosted this national conference in 2012. PRO-DAIRY organized a tradeshow in conjunction with this conference where participants learned about anaerobic digestion and other viable manure handling, treatment and management systems.
- Group Housed Dairy Calf Systems Symposium —This innovative conference is designed to provide progressive dairy producers and agriservice personnel the opportunity to increase their knowledge of dairy calf group housing systems and feeding technologies. Future symposiums related to calf and heifer management are organized by the NWNY Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Team.
- Dairy Environmental Systems & Climate Adaptation Conference and Tours — ( July 29 - 31 2015) This 3-day regional conference and trade show features sessionsto learn about emerging dairy housing and manure management systems in conjunction with regional climate trends and adaptation strategies for the Northeast and upper mid-west U.S. Multiple tour options showcasing on-farm integrated waste handling/treatment systems and on-farm climate adaptation strategies complimented educational sessions. The synergistic nature of these two topic areas aimed to expose creative solutions to the most pressing of today's dairy environmental challenges.