PRO-DAIRY is committed to excellence in educational programming through industry conferences and events. These events provide information, research results, and training from industry leaders to dairy producers, agri-service professionals, veterinarians and Extension employees across New York State. Join our electronic mailing list for more event information.
- Winter Dairy Management - This collaborative effort between PRO-DAIRY, dairy producers, agri-business professionals and Cornell Cooperative Extension educators brings technical, financial and operational know-how to a topic of importance to dairy farms. Seminars are offered across New York State each year in February and March.
- Herd Health & Nutrition Conference — (Next Conference: April 10, 2018) The Herd Health and Nutrition Conference provides an opportunity for dairy producers, veterinarians, feed industry representatives and agriservice personnel to increase their knowledge of current herd health and nutrition management techniques while interacting with other professionals.
- Northeast Dairy Producers Conference — (Next Conference: March 7 - 8, 2018) The Northeast Dairy Producers Association Conference is designed for producers and agriservice professionals to interact and relate to the latest thinking and issues in the dairy industry.
- NYS Junior DAIRY LEADER Program — This one-year program explores careers in the dairy industry along with hands-on experiential learning for a select group of youth ranging from 16-19 years old. The program presents youth with a realistic view and experience for the dairy industry as a viable, profitable and progressive business sector young people can look to for career opportunities while also building personal and professional skills.
- Cornell Dairy Executive Program — (Next class begins December 2017) The Cornell Dairy Executive Program (CDEP) is designed to provide dairy executives and agriservice personnel the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the leadership and management skills necessary to run a successful dairy. A Management Symposium for CDEP alumni and other progressive dairy producers will be held in February 2017.
- Academy for Dairy Executives — (Next class begins December 20176) The Academy for Dairy Executives Program (Academy) is an educational opportunity for progressive dairy executives. The program is designed to provide dairy executives and agri-service personnel the opportunity to increase their knowledge of the leadership and management skills necessary to run a successful dairy in these volatile times.
- Operations Managers Conference — (Next Conference: January 2019) The Operations Management Conference for Dairy and Field Crops provides an opportunity for people responsible for day to day activities to increase their management and operations skills while interacting with other managers.
- Winter Forage Meetings - The focus of this seminar is to elevate the growing and feeding of forages beyond the parameters of tonnage, quality, and the basic high forage ration. Newly developed fiber digestibility tests can give you and your management team confidence in feeding newly developed forages that have potential to increase milk production, while reducing ration costs, increasing total forage yield and digestibility, and improving nutrient management on the farm.
- Got Manure? Tradeshow and Conference —The Cornell PRO-DAIRY Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - AgSTAR, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service co-hosted this national conference in 2012. PRO-DAIRY organized a tradeshow in conjunction with this conference where participants learned about anaerobic digestion and other viable manure handling, treatment and management systems.
- Group Housed Dairy Calf Systems Symposium —This innovative conference is designed to provide progressive dairy producers and agriservice personnel the opportunity to increase their knowledge of dairy calf group housing systems and feeding technologies. Future symposiums related to calf and heifer management are organized by the NWNY Dairy, Livestock and Field Crops Team.
- Dairy Environmental Systems & Climate Adaptation Conference and Tours — ( July 29 - 31 2015) This 3-day regional conference and trade show features sessionsto learn about emerging dairy housing and manure management systems in conjunction with regional climate trends and adaptation strategies for the Northeast and upper mid-west U.S. Multiple tour options showcasing on-farm integrated waste handling/treatment systems and on-farm climate adaptation strategies complimented educational sessions. The synergistic nature of these two topic areas aimed to expose creative solutions to the most pressing of today's dairy environmental challenges.